These half-day sessions (3h/4h) are open to all levels of difficulty and will take you to discover the best boulders of Sintra through the hands of experienced local guides.
We will try out a series of boulders adjusted to your level, analyze your technique and fine-tune all the small details such as foot placement, body balance, ways to grab the holds and not least, work-out the problem solving sequence of a given boulder.
Types of tours and prices
• Individual (1 person) = 80€ : One to one guided session oriented specifically for you! You'll be able to choose the sector/boulders you want to go to, dictate the pace of the day and the time spent in each spot. Ideal for those traveling alone and/or wanting to take a more intensive bouldering class.
• Couples (2 to 3 persons) = 50€ / person : Tour specially oriented for couples or small groups of up to 3 people who want to discover the best boulders of Sintra with a local guide just for them. They will be able to choose the sector/boulders they want to go and manage the rhythm of the day freely.
• Groups (4 to 10 persons) = 40€ / person : Bouldering class designed for groups of people with varied climbing experience. A circuit of boulders adjusted to their level is chosen and the class is oriented by the local guide.
- Experienced local climbing guide and coaching
- Climbing gear: crashpads, rock climbing shoes and chalk
- Activity Insurance
What you will get:
- Improve your rock climbing technique
- Increase your bouldering experience and confidence
- Get the most of your stay in Sintra
- Enjoy the best boulders on your level
- You get all the insights from an experienced local guide
Send us your questions | check availability
and take a
tour with us
Our local guides
Ricardo “Macau” Alves
Founder of Boulder Sintra and author of the Sintra Bouldering Guidebook, he knows the Sintra mountains like the back of his hand. Avid explorer, he discovered and established many of Sintra's classics. Climber and photographer with more than 20 years of experience, he has been one of the great ambassadors of the bouldering in Portugal and his photographs have already been awarded and published in several national and international magazines.
João “Rasta” Magalhães
Veteran guide in Sintra and Cascais for over 10 years, he is one of the local climbers that most contributed to the bouldering development in the region. His great experience in guiding people and sympathy are the characteristics that distinguish him.
Rita Ribeiro Silva
Photographer and friendly local guide, she always finds the best way to solve the boulders for the girls. Her many years of experience climbing in Sintra, combined with a calm personality, make the day light and fun!
DID YOU KNOW
THAT CLIMBING OUTDOORS...
What they say about us
Daphra & Michael
Spending time bouldering with you remains the highlight of our trip and the thing we keep talking about and telling people about now that we are back in the US. I’m so glad we booked a day of bouldering with you and for all the insiders’ knowledge on Boulder Sintra."
I just wanted to get in touch and say a big thank you to you and Rita for the personal guiding day. It was amazing being shown around such a beautiful area and really inspiring climbing with you and Rita. It was one of my favorite days bouldering ever, I just really loved the climbing in Peninha!"
Had such a great experience with Boulder Sintra on a 1-2-1 session. Ricardo and his wife were both great coaches and it definitely helped improving my climbing skills, while trying out different boulders. I can only recommend going with Boulder Sintra, upgrade your climbing skills and have a great day at the same time in lovely Sintra."
Pascal & Nicole
It was an amazing experience! 😍 Thank you for your guiding! We will come again!"
I had a great session. Bouldering is tough! Such good fun though. Amazing scenery and lovely climbs."
Patrick & Theresa
Thanks again for everything Ricardo, it was a great trip and we had so much fun!!"
Ricardo thanks a lot for all your help this trip - it’s above and beyond! "
The guided session with Ricardo was amazing. He is incredibly knowledgeable, with lots of insights into the area and history of the local climbing scene. He is friendly, chilled and made the session really fun. He had some great climbing tips and even took me to some newly discovered lines. I will definitely be booking another session when I'm back in Sintra!"
It has been incredible to discover bouldering in a place with an almost mystical atmosphere. It was a day spent in great company with other climbers and a fantastic guide. He made us appreciate climbing in Sintra to the fullest thanks to his numerous tips and great experience. I would without a doubt recommend such an experience!"
Antonio & Isidora
The experience was incredible, Sintra is a wonderful place to climb, but at the same time extremely large, which is why I think it is necessary to have a guided tour, regardless of the level of climbing that you have. Our guide Ricardo showed us beautiful places to climb Boulder, with an incredible quality of rock and a beautiful landscape, was very attentive to us, worrying about our safety when climbing and also giving us the necessary Beta to be able to reach the top of the boulders in the best way, very happy for the experience and fully recommended for anyone who wants to know Sintra Boulder spots."
I had my first outdoor bouldering experience with Boulder Sintra and it was absolutely great! Ricardo is very kind and his experience and knowledge of the area allowed him to choose boulders appropriate to the group's climbing levels: not too easy, not extremely hard, but still representing a good challenge. Overall, an experience I would absolutely like to repeat!"